Congressman Gosar To Alert AG Barr About Facebook Condoning Violence Against Conservatives
Congressman Paul Gosar tweeted today that he will be alerting Attorney General Bill Barr about the violence approved by Facebook against conservatives like Laura Loomer.
“Facebook is condoning violence and keeping a list of approved targets for its directed violence,” wrote Congressman Gosar. “I’ll be sharing this with AG Barr for review. I’ll let legal minds debate if this constitutes an “imminent” call to violence. It’s immoral for sure. #Loomerforcongress“
Facebook has previously stated in its rules that threatening people with violence and death on Facebook is allowed as long as the target is a “dangerous individual.”
Who qualifies as a “dangerous individual” according to Facebook?
When conservatives Laura Loomer and Paul Joseph Watson were booted from the Big Tech giant, Facebook claimed they were “dangerous individuals” as part of their justification for deleting them from the platform.
Facebook has since deleted the rule after it faced public backlash, but here is the rule the Big Tech giant saw fit to publish as part of its “Community Standards”:
“Do not post:
Threats that could lead to death (and other forms of high-severity violence) of any target(s), where threat is defined as any of the following:
- Statements of intent to commit high-severity violence
- Calls for high-severity violence (unless the target is an organization or individual covered in the Dangerous Individuals and Organizations Policy)
- Including content where no target is specified but a symbol represents the target and/or includes a visual of an armament to represent violence
- Statements advocating for high-severity violence (unless the target is an organization or individual covered in the Dangerous Individuals and Organizations Policy)
- Aspirational or conditional statements to commit high-severity violence (unless the target is an organization or individual covered in the Dangerous Individuals and Organizations Policy)”
In publishing this rule, Facebook approved of conduct which is illegal across most Western countries. Threats of violence and death are of course illegal in the United States.
Prior to designating people as “dangerous individuals,” Facebook kept Loomer and Watson on a list of people it has deemed “hate agents.” Facebook’s list of “hate agents” includes anti-radical jihad activist Brigitte Gabriel, black conservative Candace Owens, and centrist UK political commentator Carl Benjamin, known best as Sargon of Akkad.
Laura Loomer is currently suing Facebook along with Apple, Google, and Twitter for conspiring to suppress her speech because of her political views.
The lawsuit alleges violations of antitrust laws, the First Amendment, and the D.C. Human Rights Act via collusion to suppress conservative content.
On May 2, 2019, Facebook banned Loomer from Facebook and Instagram. At the time of the ban, Loomer had nearly 100,000 followers on Facebook, and over 120,000 on Instagram, which is owned by Facebook.
The banning of Loomer, along with several other high profile conservatives sparked international outrage, as users wondered how Facebook could claim that Loomer and others were more “dangerous” than terrorist groups like ANTIFA and ISIS, which have accounts on Facebook and Instagram.
Loomer’s attorney Larry Klayman sued Facebook and its founder Mark Zuckerberg years ago for allegedly furthering a Palestinian intifada which resulted in the death of Jews. In addition to founding Freedom Watch, Klayman also founded Judicial Watch.
You can support Loomer’s legal defense fund here. Along with this lawsuit, Loomer has also filed suit against Twitter and the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) in Florida. She also sued Facebook for $3 BILLION in punitive damages for defamation after the social media giant labeled her a “dangerous individual,” banned her from Facebook and Instagram, and told its nearly 2 billion users that it was okay for people to incite lethal violence against Loomer on Facebook.
- AT&T CEO John Stankey, Delta CEO Ed Bastian, and PulteGroup CEO Ryan Marshall Push Evil Woke Agenda - October 29, 2021
- Twitter Suspends Account Retweeted By President Trump - December 17, 2019
- Congressman Gosar To AlertAG Barr About Facebook Condoning Violence Against Conservatives - December 16, 2019