While a large portion of the American public dislike President Donald Trump, Nancy Pelosi, Bernie Sanders, Mitch McConnell, and Joe Biden, a new poll shows Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has managed to irk voters just as much as the seasoned politicians the few months she’s been in office.
The self described “genuine socialist” hasn’t even been in office for a year, but the Queens-Bronx politician was rated very unfavorable by 36.3 percent of voters, according to a George Washington University survey released Wednesday. She was rated “somewhat unfavorable” by 8.8 percent of voters giving her an overall unfavorability rating of 45.1 percent.
According to the poll, Ocasio-Cortez is more disliked than Elizabeth Warren, whose total unfavorable rating amounted to 43.4 percent.
Trump was viewed as “very unfavorable” by 44.8 percent of voters, with a total unfavorability rating of 52.6 percent, but House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell were most disliked.
“Pelosi totaled 51.2 percent, with 40.9 percent having a very unfavorable view, while McConnell, the Senate majority leader, also had an overall rating of 51.2 percent, with 38.7 percent having a very unfavorable view. Former Vice President Biden had a 49.4 percent overall unfavorable rating, with 33.7 percent saying they had a very unfavorable view,” the New York Post reports.
Ocasio-Cortez has become a star on the national political stage, boastfully calling for a green deal that would eliminate autos with gas combustion engines, open borders, amnesty for illegal aliens, sanctuary cities and states, the abolition of ICE, redistribution of income, health care and insurance for illegal aliens, free college, elimination of student debt, and regulation of carbon emissions that would destroy our economy.
But her radical, progressive platform is reportedly presenting a problem for Democrats. According to Axios, top Democrats have found after conducting surveys that swing voters predominantly dislike socialism and view the New York lawmaker as the face of the Democrat Party.
“If all voters hear about is AOC, it could put the [House] majority at risk,” a top Democrat who is involved in 2020 congressional races told the publication. “[S]he’s getting all the news and defining everyone else’s races.”
Socialism was viewed favorably by 18% of the voters and unfavorably by 69%.
More than half of respondents, 56 percent, viewed capitalism as favorable in the Democrat-circulated poll, while 69 percent held an unfavorable view of socialism.
Ocasio-Cortez’s unfavorable ratings could also spell bad news for Sanders. The freshman lawmaker, famous for her extreme ignorance of the U.S. Constitution, is slated to appear alongside Sanders at a “Bernie’s Back” rally in her district on Saturday.
Latest posts by Alicia Powe (see all)
- FBI Bust Chicago Gang Leader Conspiring To Aid ISIS - November 15, 2019
- Tlaib Under Investigation After Begging Campaign For Personal Money - November 15, 2019
- Instagram Included In Facebook’s Transparency Report For The First Time, Millions Of Posts Containing Child Abuse, Terrorist Propaganda Removed - November 14, 2019