After yet another mass shooting where the suspect was previously known to the FBI, but not stopped prior to the slaughter, many Americans now define the “I” in the countries premier law enforcement agency as incompetent and inept.
NEW YORK CITY, NY (Laura Loomer) Speaking with this reporter Thursday evening, Mississippi-based Bonds Salesman Ben Bennight, shared in detail how he had reported the shooter, now identified as 19 year old Nikolas Cruz, to the FBI, after a user posting under the name “Nicholas Cruz” wrote a comment on a video on his YouTube channel in September 2017 saying, “I’m going to become a professional school shooter.”
After reporting the threat to the FBI’s Mississippi field office, Mr. Bennight was interviewed by an agent who conducted what is referred to by the agency as a “simple assessment”, which includes a cursory search of public records databases and a formal report.
According to Special FBI Agent Rob Lasky, who oversees Broward County, Florida where the shooting took place, the agent then concluded that the FBI did not have probable cause to open up a preliminary investigation into the tip, and YouTube subsequently deleted Mr. Cruz’s comment.
Two days after the massacre, the FBI officially confessed that they did not act properly to address the threats that were reported to them, and that another individual who knew Mr. Cruz contacted the FBI in January of 2018 to express concerns that he was actively planning a school shooting.
In a statement released Friday, the FBI said the tip included information about Cruz’s gun ownership, his desire to kill people, recent erratic behavior, and disturbing social media posts inferring that he was planning to carry out what is now one of the worst school shootings in U.S. history.
“Under established protocols, the information provided by the caller should have been assessed as a potential threat to life,” the statement read. “We have determined that these protocols were not followed. The information was not provided to the Miami Field Office, and no further investigation was conducted at that time.”
Regarding the veracity of the information which the FBI chose to ignore, including the 39 separate visits made by local police to Cruz’s residence in the last seven year, Howard Finkelstein, Broward County’s public defender, said Mr. Cruz exhibited numerous “red flags” which should have prompted law enforcement to intervene well before the February 14th shooting.
“This kid exhibited every single known red flag, from killing animals to having a cache of weapons to disruptive behavior to saying he wanted to be a school shooter,” Mr. Finkelstein told the New York Times.
Also responding to the FBI’s shocking admission of failure, Florida Governor Rick Scott called the mistakes “unacceptable” and demanded that the current-FBI Director Christopher Wray resign from his position.
“Seventeen innocent people are dead and acknowledging a mistake isn’t going to cut it,” Gov. Scott said in a statement published to Florida’s official government website. “An apology will never bring these 17 Floridians back to life or comfort the families who are in pain. The families will spend a lifetime wondering how this could happen, and an apology will never give them the answers they desperately need.”
“We constantly promote ‘see something, say something,’ and a courageous person did just that to the FBI,” Gov. Scott continued. “And the FBI failed to act. ‘See something, say something’ is an incredibly important tool and people must have confidence in the follow through from law enforcement. The FBI director needs to resign.”
Not mentioned in Gov. Scott’s strong words however was the fact that this grave error is but a page in a growing novel of mass killings where the FBI knew about the assailants preparations, yet did not to stop them.
For example, two years prior to injuring 35 people in New York City with two homemade explosive devices, now-convicted terrorist Ahmad Khan Rahimi was investigated by the FBI after his own father told New Jersey police that his son was a terrorist.
After the information was given to the FBI’s Joint Terrorism Task Force, officials opened a “simple assessment”, interviewed the father and then closed the case without punitive action.
Even the infamous San Bernardino terror couple, Syed Rizwan Farook and Tashfeen Malik, had been in constant contact with individuals under investigation by the FBI for suspected participation in international terrorism, prior to his 2015 holiday party shooting spree which left 14 dead in California.
And lets not forget the Orlando Pulse Nightclub killer, Omar Mateen, who had been investigated by the FBI for 10 months prior to committing the largest mass shooting in U.S. history.
Of course the bureau ultimately closed the case without finding any actionable evidence, and just over two years later the jihadist massacred 49 and wounded dozens more.
Whether it was the distractions from politically correct reforms forced on the agency by the Democrats during President Obama’s tenure, or the unfounded fruitless witch hunt into alleged manipulation of the 2016 election by unnamed Russians, the FBI of today has demonstrated a shocking disregard for their mission of protecting the American people and defending the U.S. Constitution.
Has the FBI become so politically compromised and derelict of its duties that only the thorough and systematic dismantling of the agency can restore a semblance of the rule of law Americans expect in the home of the free and the land of the brave? The Fort Lauderdale shooting may be the beginning of the end of J. Edgar Hoover’s Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- EXCLUSIVE: Jihadist Shooter At Corpus Christi Naval Base Studied At Saudi Arabian ‘College Of Sharia’ - May 21, 2020
- Project Veritas Tweets Support for Laura Loomer’s Lawsuit Against Big Tech Giants - April 16, 2020
- Raheem Kassam: How Does Twitter Verify CCP Propaganda, but Ban US Congressional Candidates? - April 10, 2020